help us focus our efforts and measure the progress towards delivering on our group strategy and vision.
|1||GRES: Group real estate services.|
|2||EDO: Enterprise data office.|
|3||UFSO: Universal financial services organisation|
Our values-driven culture
Our culture is ‘the way we do things’. Our work to shift our culture for the better recognises that how we do things is as important as the things we do. Our culture is determined by our purpose, vision, values and our approach to ethics. Our code of ethics guides us to be responsible and respectful in our dealings with all our stakeholders as we work to become Africa’s leading financial services organisation. It outlines acceptable business conduct and is an important reference point for employees acting on behalf of Standard Bank. These clearly defined parameters empower us to make faster, more confident decisions that have the interests of our clients, and the people of Africa, at heart.
We are focusing on three critical behaviours that will shift our culture and make the most difference in supporting our strategic journey:
- Connect every team’s work to the group’s broader objective of serving our clients with integrity.
- Create common goals across different areas and follow through urgently.
- Enable people to take ownership of their work and help to remove obstacles.
The way we work/The way we win
CLIENT CENTRICITY PLACES OUR CLIENTS AT THE CENTRE OF EVERYTHING WE DO.
Client centricity requires that our people and processes are outwardly focused on our clients as their needs and expectations change. This means we align the way we plan, deliver and execute work, doing the basics brilliantly and consistently so that we can do what our clients value.We are working to:
- See clients as real people, not numbers.
- Provide our clients with relevant solutions.
- Be a trustworthy partner on our clients’ growth journeys.
- Do the basics brilliantly and deliver on our promises quickly, efficiently, reliably and respectfully.
DIGITISATION MEANS ENHANCING OUR PRODUCTS AND PROCESSES TO CONTINUALLY IMPROVE HOW WE MEET OUR CLIENTS’ AND EMPLOYEES’ NEEDS.
Digitisation is more than just technology – it is about delivering the full range of financial services through secure, personalised, relevant and digitally enhanced experiences to our clients and employees in real-time, all the time.We are working to:
- Ensure that the services our clients and employees need are consistently available, anywhere, anytime – irrespective of channel.
- Use data proactively to guide our decisions, discover valuable insights and deliver personalised experiences.
- Remove friction, paper-based processes and waste to ensure intuitive, easy to use, reliable interfaces for our clients and employees.
- Create a workplace that encourages curiosity, digital thinking and continuous improvement for quick and frequent refinement of ideas and brilliant delivery.
OUR INTEGRATED FINANCIAL SERVICES OFFERING DELIVERS HOLISTIC SOLUTIONS WHICH ARE RELEVANT TO OUR CLIENTS.
Offering a complete range of financial services follows from our commitment to client centricity and reinforces the competitive advantages of our scale, scope and expertise. This means that our business units, legal entities and corporate functions must work as an integrated whole to service our clients’ financial needs in a seamless way.We are working to:
- Seamlessly and efficiently deliver an integrated financial services group, so our clients have access to and experience all our propositions relevant to their needs.